Sunday, October 07, 2018

Proverbs 4:10-12 (KJV) Hear, My Son

Proverbs 4:10-12 (KJV)
Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many.I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.
I am reminded of the first commandment with promise. Notice here that the son’s life is not lengthened because He obeys his father but because he receives his father’s instruction. To honor our father is not necessarily to obey him. It is however always to hear him.
I notice a number of benefits to receiving the father’s instructions:
Longer life
It isn’t always God’s will we live a long life. Just ask King Josiah. It is almost certain that, if a young man heeds the things his father teaches, he will be less likely to die of foolish behavior. Certainly this is true of heeding God the Father’s instructions.
Life will be less stressed
The word straitened means narrow, difficult, or stressful. Life has stress. A father’s instructions might ease those stresses immeasurably. God the Father leads us on a strait path. It is not often easy but He walks it with us to make the load light.
Our steps will bear more confidence
The unstable man is the man who is unsure of his convictions. While I do not believe our earthly father can impart conviction he can provide the foundation upon which conviction is based. God the Father’s instructions are the very members of which conviction is built.

To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4300 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

Proverbs 4:10-12 (KJV) Hear, My Son

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment