Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Matthew 3:14 (KJV) Forbidding Jesus


Matthew 3:14 (KJV)
But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Jesus said, Matthew 11:11 (KJV)
Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
There has never been a man like John the Baptist, but he was just a man. In human fashion, when approached by Jesus to perform a ministry, John the Baptist’s initial reaction was to refuse to do it. I think I see this reaction very often among those God presses into service.
Some forbid Jesus from using them because of a sense of unworthiness
John the Baptist certainly felt this unworthiness. “I have need to be baptized of thee and comest thou to me?” None of us are worthy in our flesh. God calls us, enables us and it is His worthiness that matters. 
Some forbid Jesus from using them because of a lack of confidence
John had been baptizing previous to this. His problem was not lacking confidence in his work. So many people are confident in the affairs of business and labor but have little confidence in the affairs of spiritual work. 
Some forbid Jesus from using them because of a lack of vision
John the Baptist knew exactly who Jesus is. His was not a problem of vision. This is not the case of so many in our day. Many who claim to know Jesus cannot see Jesus for who He is and therefore refuse to commit to serving Him as He leads.
To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4700 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

Matthew 3:14 (KJV) Forbidding Jesus

photos from pexels.com
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment