Friday, September 25, 2020

Jeremiah 26:14 (KJV) As Seemeth Good


Jeremiah 26:14 (KJV)

As for me, behold, I am in your hand: do with me as seemeth good and meet unto you.

This passage reminds me of,
Acts 4:18-20 (KJV)
And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.


We have to know that Jeremiah did not wish to be executed. No one wants that. Ever. But he was certain that he had done the will of the Lord and, with that, must content himself to allow the will of God to be done unto him. 

I am amazed how close Jerusalem came to making this right and still turned from the Lord.  Mention was made of the prophet Micah, and how the nation repented then.[1] It seems to me that this makes their rebellion even more egregious. They reasoned it out. With a clear head, with logic and thought, with precedent before them, they still chose rebellion. 

People will make the choices they make. Let’s just be certain that we have chosen to obey the Lord. 

(Access more of my blogs by visiting the resource link on our church website at www.bbcpuyallup.org.)


[1] Jeremiah 26:18 (KJV)
Micah the Morasthite prophesied in the days of Hezekiah king of Judah, and spake to all the people of Judah, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Zion shall be plowed like a field, and Jerusalem shall become heaps, and the mountain of the house as the high places of a forest.

To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and more than 5000 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie

My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

Jeremiah 26:14 (KJV) As Seemeth Good

photos from pexels.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment