Monday, June 21, 2021

Mark 14:14 (KJV) The Mark of the First Church

Mark 14:14 (KJV)

And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

As I understand the Passover, it was to be a family setting, within the individual home. There were provisions made for an extra person if necessary and another provision for the person who was traveling. 

Over the years, circumstances had changed things for the Jews. It came to where it was customary for them to travel to Jerusalem for the Passover. Jesus, rather than dismissing this custom as unbiblical, participated in it. But it seems to me that the issue of Passover being a family event had not changed. 


When Jesus prepared to observe the Passover with His disciples He was, in effect, identifying them as His family. These were the closest living human beings to Him on this earth. I note that His mother and brothers and sisters were not there, just the disciples. He loved His mother and provided for her in His death. But His connection with the disciples was His priority. 

I believe this relationship was the mark of the first church and should be the mark of every church today. We are family. We are closer than blood because we are of the blood of Jesus Christ. We honor, care for, and love our families, but our priority is our body, which is the local church of which Christ made us to be members. 

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and, more than 5300 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Mark 14:14 (KJV) The Mark of the First Church

No comments:

Post a Comment