Thursday, August 26, 2021

1 Chronicles 22:14 (KJV) In All My Trouble

1 Chronicles 22:14 (KJV)

Now, behold, in my trouble I have prepared for the house of the LORD an hundred thousand talents of gold, and a thousand thousand talents of silver; and of brass and iron without weight; for it is in abundance: timber also and stone have I prepared; and thou mayest add thereto.

Whenever I see the word “trouble,” I think of affliction, problems, and hardships. There is no doubt that David experienced those.

  • He had enemies because of his faith
  • He had enemies because of his nationality
  • He had enemies because of his environment
  • He had enemies because of his position and
  • He had enemies because of his mistakes and sins

Those enemies, no doubt, had created trouble for him.


I was interested in some of the variations of the word that derive from the ancient Hebrew language. It tells me that the original form was an eye and a seed. It represented the watchful eye of a farmer, continually caring for his crop. See the man under heavy circumstances feeling like he cannot take his vision or his worries from his problems, lest they overwhelm him. Thus, he might have a furrow over his eyebrow, a look of concern.

Variations from that can be something such as care or interest
What farmer is not interested in his crop? He may not be worried as much as simply in love with what he does. 

Another variation has to do with fasting
A person, under affliction, might fast to seek the Lord’s help through his affliction.

I picture King David, who now knows the plan of God to use his son to build the Temple and to preserve someone from his seed (family) on the throne continually.

  • David had an eye fixed on the promise of God for His seed through the line of David.
  • David had a reason to fast and pray for the plan of God to be accomplished and
  • David had a heart filled with love and thanksgiving for that plan God has revealed to him.

In all this “trouble,” David prepared gold, and silver, and brass, and iron, and timber, and stone to have his part in the plan of God for the coming King – Jesus. 

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and, more than 5300 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

1 Chronicles 22:14 (KJV) In All My Trouble  

No comments:

Post a Comment