Wednesday, August 25, 2021

John 16:2 (KJV) Doing God Service

John 16:2 (KJV)

They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

I had a friend write to me the other day. He asked for some information to support and help him in his ministry. He had for a short time a family visiting the church he pastors quit attending who felt the need to contact him and tell him why. He had, according to them, twice made a statement that they believed was heretical to the gospel of Jesus Christ. 


My friend shared with me their message. The issue that offended them is multi-sided. Frankly, very good men disagree on the subject. I tend to think the disagreement surrounds how we define the terms of the issue. I believe some people are wrong on both sides of the problem. Probably the extreme position on either side is a false gospel.

To feel like you have “do God service” by rebuking or attempting to correct someone in the ministry is much more a spiritual problem than a disagreement over understanding a term. 

  • We are not responsible for any statement another person says with which we disagree.
  • We are responsible for whatever we do, even if we do it believing it to be in God’s service, that hinders another in the work of the Lord.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and, more than 5300 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

John 16:2 (KJV) Doing God Service 

No comments:

Post a Comment