Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Ezekiel 3:26-27 (KJV) Little to Say

Ezekiel 3:26-27 (KJV)

And I will make thy tongue cleave to the roof of thy mouth, that thou shalt be dumb, and shalt not be to them a reprover: for they are a rebellious house.
But when I speak with thee, I will open thy mouth, and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; He that heareth, let him hear; and he that forbeareth, let him forbear: for they are a rebellious house.

The context of the passage is all about speaking. God told the preacher he was set as a watchman and that he was speaking to people whose language was the same as his own. God said to him that if he warned the wicked man and he ignored, his blood would be on his own hands, but if the wicked one repented, praise the Lord. God said he would preach to righteous people too. When the righteous take courage and sin not, praise the Lord. Even righteous people must be warned not to sin.

But then this.


Amongst all this speaking, God told the preacher that He would shut his mouth and not allow him to speak. Then God said he would open his mouth and give him the words to say.

God’s preacher is not necessarily someone with the gift of gab. He may very well be the one who has little to say until he says what God has to say.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and, more than 5600 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Let’s have coffee?
If you have been blessed by my devotional messages, you are able to leave me a small thank you at my Ko-Fi page.

Ezekiel 3:26-27 (KJV) Little to Say

No comments:

Post a Comment