Thursday, July 28, 2022

Acts 27:10 (KJV) It Would Be So Much Better If ..

 
Acts 27:10 (KJV)

And said unto them, Sirs, I perceive that this voyage will be with hurt and much damage, not only of the lading and ship, but also of our lives.

Though Paul was not a mariner by trade, he had been a “frequent traveler.” Albert Barnes notes, “He might have perceived it from his own knowledge of the danger of navigation at the autumnal equinox, and from what he saw of the ship as unsuited to a dangerous navigation.” Men possessed of the wisdom of the Lord are often observers of life,


nature, and “the nature of things.” Powers of observation cause a man to see what others likely will not. On the other hand, Barnes writes, “But there is nothing that should prevent our believing also that he was guided to this conclusion by the inspiration of the Spirit of God.” Later in the voyage, Paul will directly admit that an angel of God had appeared to him with instructions for the safety of those on the vessel. The centurion did not believe Paul’s perception of things. Everyone believed him when the hope of their lives had been lost.

  • I am happy that God, through Paul, cheered these sea-sick souls. 
  • I am happy that no soul was lost at sea.
  • I am happy that the will of the Lord was done despite the loss of the ship.

But there is a key verse that is so often ignored.

Acts 27:21 (KJV)
But after long abstinence Paul stood forth in the midst of them, and said, Sirs, ye should have hearkened unto me, and not have loosed from Crete, and to have gained this harm and loss.

I do not know the outcome had they hearkened unto him, but Paul was confident that they should have. It is a great blessing that God accomplishes His will regardless of whether we listen. But it would be so much better if people listened to the preacher’s pleadings, preaching, and even his inclinations.

They so often don’t. But they should.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

Donate to our cause of “Reaching a world of souls with the Word of God.”

For this and, more than 5600 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi provides a means for those who appreciate my content to leave me a “tip.” I would be thankful for it.

Acts 27:10 (KJV) It Would Be So Much Better If ..

No comments:

Post a Comment