Monday, June 26, 2023

Psalms 3:4 (KJV) David, Too, Lived By Faith

Psalms 3:4 (KJV)

I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.

I’m thinking of that old axiom, “The more things change, the more they stay the same.”

We tend, I think, to believe God was more active, more present, and more involved in the affairs of men back in David’s day. This Psalm would imply that’s not the case.
Psalms 3:2 (KJV)
Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.

The fact that people would say that, and the fact that David would respond the way he did,
Psalms 3:4 (KJV)
I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.
indicates David, too, lived by faith. He trusted God. He cried to God. Ten thousands of people rose against him. God didn’t just wipe them off the map. But David slept and rose the next morning because God had sustained him.

Life presents us with hard choices. Sometimes there just isn’t a good choice to make. God seldom bulldozes the obstacles in the way of our choices. What He will always do, for those who cry out to Him, is to sustain them.

The enemies of our souls may never see God in our lives. They may keep on saying there is no help for him in God. 

The man who lives by faith knows God hears us out of His holy hill.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

Donate to our cause of “Reaching a world of souls with the Word of God.”

For this and, more than 6000 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Psalms 3:4 (KJV) David, Too, Lived By Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment