Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Psalms 7:3-5 (KJV) The Goal is Growth

Psalms 7:3-5 (KJV)

O LORD my God, if I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands;
If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)
Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it;yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.

There are a couple of ways to interpret this passage. One of them has an application. 
David may have been denying the accusations laid against him. 
Read it something like, “If I’m guilty, let a lightning bolt strike me dead.” In this case, the plain fact that the lightning bolt did not strike is intended as proof the accusation is false. 

David may have intended this as an honest prayer to God. 
There are profitable things to learn even from unfair accusations. The truth is, none of us is so free of guilt that we haven’t done something wrong. None of us is so perfectly holy that we can’t be drawn closer to the Lord. So far as David knew, he had not hurt anyone but had done the opposite. But he also knew he was not perfect, as God is perfect. There is often a grain of truth in what we believe is a false accusation.

The application is this simple, regardless of the reason for whatever accusations our enemies level against us, if we have a heart for God, we can submit them to the Lord so as to aid us in spiritual growth. 

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

Donate to our cause of “Reaching a world of souls with the Word of God.”

For this and, more than 6000 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Psalms 7:3-5 (KJV) The Goal is Growth

No comments:

Post a Comment