Thursday, August 24, 2023

Psalms 101:2 (KJV) Behaving Wisely, Seeking God, and Cultivating Perfect Hearts at Home

Psalms 101:2 (KJV)

I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.

The nature of the Psalm seems to imply his house might mean more than his home, the place of his residence. Some believe he longs for the day when God fulfills the promise to make him king of Israel. Nevertheless, the apparent application takes us into our family dwelling.

How could we ever overstate the necessity of, 

  • behaving wisely in our house, 
  • seeking the Lord’s presence there, and 
  • walking with a perfect heart in our homes? 

So much rests on what happens in the home, yet so often, it is the one place we tend to let down, let go, and let the flesh rule.

There is no question that the home ought to be a sanctuary. We want our house to be a place of safety and refuge from the wicked world’s challenges. That does not mean we have permission to let the world in us loose inside the house.

Is there no place we can be ourselves? Of course. But what “self” do you wish to be? Christian faith must not be a costume you put on to cover up your true self. As Peter admonished wives, the same must be true of all believers,
1 Peter 3:3-4 (KJV)
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Let the “hidden man of the heart” live in your house.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6000 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Psalms 101:2 (KJV) Behaving Wisely, Seeking God, and Cultivating Perfect Hearts at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment