Wednesday, November 01, 2023

1 Peter 1:13 (KJV) When Everything Falls Apart

1 Peter 1:13 (KJV)

Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

It can be very difficult to minister to those who are suffering intensely.

And these believers were suffering intensely. Truly they understood the terms “strangers” and “scattered.”  The trying of their faith, though difficult, the Apostle assures them, is much more precious than gold.

What do you say to people suffering so? What can you give them?
He reminds them of the resurrection.
Vs 3
Christianity rests upon the basis of the resurrection.[1] When everything else appears to fall apart, go back to the empty tomb. The resurrection of Jesus Christ, which is the most abundantly documented events in human history, is the assurance the believer needs to keep on.

He reminds them of our hope
Vs 7, 13
Jesus said if He went away, He would come again.[2] In the midst of the trying of our faith, we prepare ourselves and “hope to the end” for the revelation of Jesus.

He reminds them of the communication of that hope
Vs 23-25
The Word of God is “not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible” and therefore, “endureth forever.”

Times of trial are always challenging and hard. Sometimes amid those difficulties we don’t want to hear what helps. In times of the most difficult trials, nothing will help but holding onto these truths.

#suffering #hope #resurrection #faith #WordOfGod 
When Everything Falls Apart: Here’s What You Need to Know


[1] Truth be told, so does Judaism – they just don’t know it yet.

[2] John 14:1-3 (KJV)
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6200 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

1 Peter 1:13 (KJV) When Everything Falls Apart

No comments:

Post a Comment