Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Isaiah 14:27 (KJV) Secure in His Hands

Isaiah 14:27 (KJV)

For the LORD of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?

 

Here is both a solid comfort and terrible fright.

What God has purposed can no man disannul.

 

What a great comfort!

Romans 8:38-39 (KJV)

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 10:27-29 (KJV)

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

 

The salvation of the soul is in the hand of God. It’s not in me or anyone else to remove it. God has purposed,

Romans 10:9-13 (KJV)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

 

There is no disannulling what God has purposed.

Romans 8:31 (KJV)

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

 

On the other hand, this is immeasurably frightening.

The context of our passage is judgment.

·       The judgment of Israel

·       The judgment of Assyria

·       The Judgment of Judah and

·       The judgment of Babylon

And what God has purposed no man can turn back.

 

There is a judgment determined in man’s future. The day of the Lord is multifaceted, and it is not my intention to try to polish those facets today. What I would like to point out is that no matter how many and how loud the voices who object to this judgment, there is no man able to disannul it.

 

But there is the opportunity to be saved from it.

 

#ImmutablePurpose #EternalComfort #SecureInHisHand #JudgmentDayReality #SalvationOpportunity #Eschatology #Isaiah

Secure in His Hands: God's Unshakable Purpose

 

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6200 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Isaiah 14:27 (KJV) Secure in His Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment