Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Isaiah 15:5 (KJV) Preaching with Love

I
saiah 15:5 (KJV)

My heart shall cry out for Moab; his fugitives shall flee unto Zoar, an heifer of three years old: for by the mounting up of Luhith with weeping shall they go it up; for in the way of Horonaim they shall raise up a cry of destruction.

 

Consider the compassion of the prophet.

We are prone to think of the prophet as a harsh personality. Just about every time I’ve heard someone describe the gifts of the Spirit, nearly EVERYONE thinks they have the gift of prophecy because they are prone to “tell people off.” I think it’s a mischaracterization of the gift. The prophet Isaiah was pronouncing judgment upon Moab, but he did not enjoy the work.


Oh, for believers who love souls enough to preach truth but do it with a broken heart.

 

Consider the prophet as a man of God.

The prophet’s message is not his own. He has been called of God. His breaking heart is representative of the breaking heart of God. Lost souls shake their fists in the face of God and accuse Him of being brutal, cruel, or incapable of making things better. I see God as full of love and compassion. He loves us so much He refuses to handle us like animals. He offers to us an alternative far better than this world affords, and He weeps over the vast numbers of souls who choose to reject His grace while continuing to shake their fist in His face.

 

#CompassionateProphet #HeartfeltPreaching #PropheticLove #GodsCompassion #BrokenheartedMessenger #Isaiah 

Preaching with Love: God’s Brokenness for Souls

 

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6200 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Isaiah 15:5 (KJV) Preaching with Love

No comments:

Post a Comment