Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Ezekiel 12:27 (KJV) Time to Act


Ezekiel 12:27 (KJV)

Son of man, behold, they of the house of Israel say, The vision that he seeth is for many days to come, and he prophesieth of the times that are far off.

 

That Ezekiel’s message is from God, there is no question. Few of the prophets were more insistent upon it than he.

Ezekiel 12:1 (KJV)

The word of the LORD also came unto me, saying,

 

That said, the majority did not obey God’s Word the same as Ezekiel did.

Ezekiel 12:7a

And I did so as I was commanded…

 

This chapter describes clearly two of the most common responses to the Word of God (with a third one implied):

Denial

Recently someone commented to one of my messages, “It’s all fake. Use some common sense.” In my mind common sense says I had better not deny what is arguably the best documented event in ancient history (the resurrection of Christ) what is the most published and read book in all of history, the Bible, and what many of the best minds have examined and found the evidence to be too compelling to ignore.

 

Rebellion

Ezekiel 12:9 (KJV)

Son of man, hath not the house of Israel, the rebellious house, said unto thee, What doest thou?

Common among those who know in their soul that God is, would be rebellion. They choose to disobey, or else they choose to find their own way to supposedly love and worship God.

 


Procrastination

Ezekiel 12:27 (KJV)

Son of man, behold, they of the house of Israel say, The vision that he seeth is for many days to come, and he prophesieth of the times that are far off.

Likely the most common of responses is procrastination. People claim to believe the Bible but believe they have time. They stick their spiritual heads in the sand and refuse to think about the consequences of faith. They hope to do all they wish to do while there is still time. They think they will have the time to reconcile with God in the end.

 

I am of the mind that, since I have a conviction in my soul that God is, the Bible is true, and Jesus is the only way truth and life, the time to reconcile and to follow Him is NOW.

 

#DivineMessage #ObeyGodsWord #DenialVsFaith #RebellionAgainstGod #TimeToActNow

Time to Act: Terrible Responses to God's Word

 

To my readers:

Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6300 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Ezekiel 11:23 (KJV) Divine Departure

No comments:

Post a Comment