Thursday, February 29, 2024

Ezekiel 14:7 (KJV) Fear vs. Faith

Ezekiel 14:7 (KJV)

For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to enquire of him concerning me; I the LORD will answer him by myself:

 

There are several Biblical texts that reference God’s visitation. It is very seldom seen in a good light. God’s visitation is almost always in respect to the pouring out of His wrath.

 

There are two serious mistakes I think we see among the carnal; the first is the inappropriate fear of His coming. I once heard a lady on a Christian radio station in Portland, OR complain about her pastor, “He’s always preaching that Jesus is coming soon. Why can’t he be more positive?” To the one who loves Christ, there is no message more positive than the blessed hope. It is true that the unsaved will not fare well at His coming, but we preach to them the good news of reconciliation.

 


The second serious mistake among the carnal regarding God’s visitation is to think too lightly of it. One might reason it is mean or cruel or unfair that God would seek vengeance against those who “hold the truth in unrighteousness,” but it is foolish, even if you think it’s monstrous, to resist God on that count. We are not His equal. To fight against God is the utmost foolishness. The good news is, once you surrender to God, a light shines into His nature not seen before. You discover He is no monster, but the very source of love, goodness, and charity.

 

Do not take God’s visitation lightly. Hear the message of His prophets and preachers. Seek the God of the Bible. Trust Him. In this way, He will be gracious to you.

 

#GodsVisitation #BlessedHope #SeekGod #DivineWrath #TrustGod

Fear vs. Faith: Facing God's Visit

 

To my readers:

Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6300 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Ezekiel 14:7 (KJV) Fear vs. Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment