Sunday, August 02, 2026

Job 3:26 (KJV) You Can’t Prevent Every Trial


Job 3:26 (KJV)

I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.


Job was in unbelievable grief and pain. In such a state, a man often doesn't think clearly. His account is, I believe, intended to be a sort of case study of life. The New Testament says the things written in the Old Testament are for our example and for our learning.


  • We learn from Job's account that our lives are witnessed in the heavenlies.
  • We learn from Job's account that we have an adversary in this world.
  • We learn from Job's account that our adversary is "leashed" by God.


But we also learn from Job's account about the very human tendencies we have when we go through times of testing and trial. Job's grief was great. In this grievous condition:

  • He wished he had never been born.
  • He spoke of the rest found in death.
  • He questioned why light had ever been given to him.
  • He admitted that he had feared the very losses he experienced.


Then he said, "I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.”


I think what he was saying is that he understood life was fickle, diligence was necessary, and the things of this earth are transitory. He had taken precautions. He had kept a watchful eye. He had sought his heavenly Father.


Yet trouble came.


Sometimes, no matter how diligently we watch and work, trouble comes.


The question is, what will we do when it comes?

Will we run from God?

Will we turn to Him?


#YetTroubleCame #FaithInTheTrial #TrustGodAlways #LessonsFromJob3v26 #DailyVisitWithGod

You Can’t Prevent Every Trial: Faith Is Tested


Has trouble ever strengthened your faith instead of weakening it? Share your experience in the comments—I’d love to hear how God has worked in your life. Then visit marvinmckenzie.org for more Christ-centered Bible studies, daily devotionals, and practical lessons from God's Word.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 7100 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Job 3:26 (KJV) You Can’t Prevent Every Trial

Here's a comic version of the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment