Then a spirit passed before my face; the hair of my flesh stood up:
A young preacher is working his way through the book of Job in our church's midweek services. The other night, he commented that a preacher friend had advised him that when he came to the conversations between Job and his friends, he should always hear Job's responses before making a judgment about his friends' words.
They can sound correct.
But they aren't.
I remember that just after I started living for the Lord, a man I worked with—a Pentecostal Christian—remarked from this text that one way to know the Holy Spirit is speaking to you is when the hair on the back of your neck stands up. Years later, just after planting the church in Astoria, a member of the local Assemblies of God church made the same remark.
Here's the thing: the man in Job who said that was very likely influenced by the wrong spirit.
I wonder how often professing Christians mistake a spiritual impression for the leading of the Holy Spirit, when in fact they are being led by an entirely different spirit.
#TestTheSpirits #RightlyDivideTheWord #Job4v15Study #BiblicalDiscernment #KJVBible
How Do You Know the Holy Spirit Is Leading? Learn Biblical Discernment
Have you ever mistaken a strong feeling for God's leading? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below and join the conversation.
For more Christ-centered Bible studies and daily devotionals, visit marvinmckenzie.org.
For this and, more than 7100 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org
Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/
Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more
Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give.
No comments:
Post a Comment