Saturday, November 01, 2008

Conditional Promises

Proverbs 1:23 KJV
Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

What a wonderful promise this verse contains

I will pour out My Spirit unto you
The Spirit of God which brings peace joy love longsuffering, gentleness goodness meekness temperance and faith
The Holy Spirit of God which gives power for service and victory over sin
The Spirit of wisdom which guides and gives direction in decisions and choices through life

I will make known my words unto you
There is nothing that brings such blessing as does illumination from the Word of God. When everything else seems to be failing, a clear message from the Word of God can sustain us. The Word of God, made known unto us truly is milk, meat and better than our necessary food.

But it is necessary that we pay close attention to the condition of the verse,
Turn you at my reproof
As challenging as it is to be confronted and reproved, that is the main message of the Bible; man is a sinner and must repent of it.

God help us humbly accept His reproofs.

No comments:

Post a Comment