Monday, September 28, 2020

Jeremiah 31:3 (KJV) Concerning Jesus

Jeremiah 31:3 (KJV)

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

This whole chapter is a prophecy concerning Jesus;
Jeremiah 31:13 (KJV)
Then shall the virgin rejoice in the dance, both young men and old together: for I will turn their mourning into joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice from their sorrow. 

The mention of the virgin would not necessarily imply the virgin birth except for,
Jeremiah 31:15 (KJV)
Thus saith the LORD; A voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, and bitter weeping; Rahel weeping for her children refused to be comforted for her children, because they were not.
This verse is clearly prophetic of Herod’s slaughter of the children in Bethlehem two years old and younger. 

Another verse implicating the virgin birth is,
Jeremiah 31:22 (KJV)
How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man. 


A passage indicating the divine and human nature of Christ is,
Jeremiah 31:27 (KJV)
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast. 

It is through this virgin birth God promises,
Jeremiah 31:31 (KJV)
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 

The result of this new covenant will be heavenly,
Jeremiah 31:33-37 (KJV)
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Israel will experience a time when they will wonder if God had forsaken them. They will be measured and judged. But just as the sun rises in the morning and the moon at night, so God’s promises to Israel are sure,
Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

(Access more of my blogs by visiting the resource link on our church website at www.bbcpuyallup.org.)

To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and more than 5000 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:

https://marvinmckenzie.onuniverse.com/

Jeremiah 31:3 (KJV) Concerning Jesus

photos from pexels.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment