Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Ezekiel 20:12 (KJV) Such a Sweet Testimony

Ezekiel 20:12 (KJV)

Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

The sabbaths would have been holy days; days of rest, just as God rested from His creation on the seventh day. The observation of these sabbath days was a sign of their relationship with God and meant to remind them that they had been set apart as uniquely special to God.


The New Testament provides us with a different day. Christians have the first day of the week. It is a different sort of rest as, because of Christ, the work of righteousness is finished. We rest in that we rely solely upon Him for our righteousness and or relationship with God. We observe the day, not by resting from our labors, but by worshiping Him and testifying in His name. Our participation in services, whenever or church hosts services, is a reminder of what Christ accomplished for us. It is a testimony to others that we have been set apart to Him. 

Oh, don’t rebel from such a sweet testimony.

(Access more of my blogs by visiting the resource link on our church website at bbcpuyallup.org or my personal websites at marvinmckenzie.org.)

To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and more than 5000 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Ezekiel 20:12 (KJV) Such a Sweet Testimony

photos from pexels.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment