Friday, April 14, 2023

John 11:10 (KJV) A Principle to Live By

John 11:10 (KJV)

But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

The words of our Lord seem straightforward and clear. It’s safer to walk in the light than in the darkness. Our first impression might then be that day and night refer to this age versus the coming next age of the Tribulation.[1]

But the words of the Lord were in response to the disciples’ concern that the Jews wanted to kill Him. I take it then that Jesus’ answer was meant to cause them to think not of their safety but of their responsibility.

I recently listened to a documentary on John Quincy Adams, the youngest American statesman, appointed by George Washington as Secretary to the Ambassador to France at age eleven, diplomat to five countries, the sixth president of the United States, and a congressman after that for eight terms. He devoted most of his energies as a congressman to abolishing slavery. Though unsuccessful in his lifetime, he persisted in his effort because he believed “duty belongs to man, the results are God's.”

Adams died in the capitol building, having suffered a stroke on the House Floor. 

I believe Jesus taught us the principle Adams lived by in this passage. Duty, the clear teachings of the Word of God, is the light that prevents us from stumbling in the darkness.


[1] (John 9:4 (KJV)
I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

2 Corinthians 6:2 (KJV)
(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

Donate to our cause of “Reaching a world of souls with the Word of God.”

For this and, more than 6000 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

John 11:10 (KJV) A Principle to Live By

No comments:

Post a Comment