Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Jeremiah 32:17 (KJV) Heated Discussions

Jeremiah 32:17 (KJV)

Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

 

Recently, Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis claimed that Frank Turek of Cross Examined does not believe the Bible because Turek does not stand on the biblical teaching of a young earth. I don’t think Ham's assessment is correct. While I agree with Ham on the young earth, I wouldn't go so far as to say that Turek doesn’t believe the Bible merely because he doesn’t support the young earth position. I think Turek is incorrect, but that doesn't mean he doesn’t believe the Bible.

 


It’s astonishing how heated discussions among people claiming to be Christians can become[1] over this subject. 

 

I believe the greatest grievance with Turek’s position is that he has, in effect, dismissed or at least diminished one of God’s greatest object lessons. God’s creation is cited in Scripture as evidence that nothing is too hard for God. To lean on science for the age of the earth is to subject the Bible to science, at least for that portion of it. Giving any part of the Bible away to science opens the door for others to give away other biblical doctrines.

 

Ham is right to stand on the young earth. There is nothing in the Word of God to suggest a millions-of-years gap between creation and the first day. To imply it exists is, in my opinion, to do as Eve did and, just to “help out the text”, add to God’s command “neither shall ye touch it.” God’s Word says what it says, and the wisest course of action for the Christian is to stick with what God’s Word says: God created the heavens and the earth, He did that in six days, and nothing else is too hard for God. 



[1] I should clarify. I have witnessed none of this heat between Ham and Turek. They both seem to be gentlemen. But among the masses, people can be pretty ugly.

 

#BiblicalCreationDebate #YoungEarthStand #CreationObjectLesson #StickWithGodsWord #NothingTooHardForGod

Heated Discussions: Young Earth, Old Earth, and the Bible's Authority

 

To my readers:

Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6300 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Jeremiah 32:17 (KJV) Heated Discussions


No comments:

Post a Comment