Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Jeremiah 34:3 (KJV) Eyes on the King

Jeremiah 34:3 (KJV)

And thou shalt not escape out of his hand, but shalt surely be taken, and delivered into his hand; and thine eyes shall behold the eyes of the king of Babylon, and he shall speak with thee mouth to mouth, and thou shalt go to Babylon.

 

The Word of God prophesies to Zedekiah concerning his encounter with Nebuchadnezzar. In Zedekiah’s case, it could have been worse, but it’s still not good. He’s going to come face to face, eyeball to eyeball, and speak directly to the king whose armies will defeat his own. It’ll be humiliating, terrifying, and potentially dangerous. God promises he will survive this experience, but it would be dreadful, nonetheless.

 

I am intrigued by the phrase, “thine eyes shall behold the eyes of the king…”

 


I have to say, what a wonderful day it will be when my eyes shall behold the eyes of King Jesus.

·       I am sure I will be humbled.

·       I am sure it will be in some ways terrifying.

·       I am sure the day will be intimidating.

 

But I am also confident enough in the promises of God for those of us who have placed saving faith in Christ to believe it will also be the best day of my life.

 

“Face to face[1] with Christ, my Savior, 

Face to face- what will it be 

When with rapture I behold him, 

Jesus Christ who died for me? 

Refrain: 

Face to face I shall behold him, 

Far beyond the starry sky; 

Face to face in all his glory, 

I shall see him by and by.”

 

#ZedekiahEncounter #FaceToFaceWithJesus #PropheticEyes #BeholdingGlory #PromisedBestDay

Eyes on the King: Face to Face with Jesus



To my readers:

Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6300 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Jeremiah 34:3 (KJV) Eyes on the King

 



[1] Face to face with Christ my Savior Author: Carrie Ellis Breck (1898) Tune: FACE TO FACE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment